In Chiang Mai a marriage extension can sometime be difficulty as for this particular visa it is a 2 stage process. The first stage is to submit all correct documents to the immigration in Chiang Mai and attend with your spouse. Once submitted they will give you a 30day stamp. Then investigation officers from Chiang Mai will come to check you stay at the property listed in the application with your spouse.
Once this is complete and you have been passed the passport needs to be returned to the Chiang Mai immigration to stamp the additional 11 months.
We offer a full marriage visa service for anyone in Chiang Mai. We can take the stress out of the process and ensure your experience with Chiang Mai immigration is easy and straight forward.
If you are interested in obtaining a spouse visa in Chiang Mai, contact us today.
In order to obtain a spouse visa in Chiang Mai you need to meet the following requirements:
- Live in Chiang Mai Province
- Be married to a Thai National
- Have 400,000 baht in a Thai bank for 2 months or have an income of over 40,000 baht per month
- Live together in a house or condo
- Have photos of you and your spouse
- Have all marriage documents (if you where married abroad you need to have had your marriage registered with the Thai authorities)